Looking for work during the Festive Period?
Looking for work this Christmas?
We are fast approaching Christmas and it’s not just Santa getting ready, many shops are recruiting temporary staff for those busy shopping days leading up to and including the Christmas holidays.
So, whether it is a career move or just a temporary or part time job to generate some income, the following should help you.
Christmas vacancies tips:
1. Be open minded this may not be your dream job but it is a start and it will give you the opportunity to make some money and gain some experience
2. Offer employers as much flexibility as you can e.g. can you work extra hours at short notice and work during the Christmas holidays? (Being flexible may just seal the deal as not everyone will be able to work extra.)
3. Are you under 18, what does the law say?………….16 – 18 year olds. If you are over school leaving age and under 18, the law says that you must not work more than eight hours a day, or more than 40 hours a week. You must have twelve hours’ rest between each working day, and 48 hours’ rest per working week. For further information go to: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/young-people/young-people-and-employment/
4. Make sure your C.V. is completely up to date and include results from your GCSEs or other qualifications, remember to have your certificates to hand if an employer asks to see them
5. Many shops put signs in their windows and do not bother advertising anywhere else, so keep an eye on shop windows when you are out and about
6. When you go into a shop dress smart casual – first impressions count – always!
7. Search for opportunities on Indeed.co.uk
8. Be reliable and you may be able to return to the same employer next year or improve your chances of getting permanent / full time employment in the future
9. Finally, do not give up at the first, second or even third attempt as Christmas jobs can create a lot of competition and the more you put into your job search the more likely you will succeed